Have you ever wished you could buy everything you will ever need and want? Did you ever dream of having breakfast in New York, lunch in Japan, and dinner in France all on the same day? Do you dream of becoming a billionaire? Try Powerball!
After the Powerball jackpot grew to an estimated $1.9 billion, New Yorkers who weren’t participating in the New York City Marathon 2022 spent their Sunday rushing to get lottery tickets.
On Saturday night, Powerball announced 28, 45, 53, 56, 69 and 20 as the winning digits. However, no ticket seemed to match all six numbers. The jackpot had a lump-sum option of an estimated $782.4 million.
It is just the second time in Powerball’s history that the game prize has surpassed $1 billion, and it is officially the highest payout in US lottery history. The chances of winning the prize were 1 in 292 million. Since August 3, no one has won the jackpot.
There was only one from Kentucky who won $2,000,000. There are $1,000,000 winners from the states California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and South Dakota.
Winning Tickets Locations
The New York Lottery announced that a Powerball Power Play Prize third place winning ticket was sold worth $150,000. The 7-Eleven on Dick Road in Buffalo sold this ticket. There were also 13 $50,000 winning tickets sold. These 13 tickets were sold at the following locations in New York:
- Stewart’s Shops on Vandenburgh Avenue in Troy
- Circle K on Bloomingdale Road in Hicksville
- Cumberland Farms on Round Swamp Road in Plainview
- 7-Eleven on Fulton Street in Farmingdale
- Bapa Card and Gift on Old Country Road in Riverhead
- Bee Wines and Liquors on Avenue B in Manhattan
- Smokes for Less in Newburgh
- MD’s Market on South Main Street in Syracuse
- Naz Cards and Gifts on Amboy Road in Staten Island
- Afrahim Newsstand on Mantague Street in Brooklyn
- Vida Pharmacy on St. Nicholas Avenue in Manhattan
- Lin’s Liquors and Wines on Rossville Avenue in Staten Island
- Sam’s Card and Gift Shop on 3rd Avenue in Manhattan
New York has had an average of 321,144 winners per draw during the last five drawings, according to Powerball.net.
“I don’t normally play Powerball but I’m tempted,” 65 year old Peter Montella from East Northport told The New York Post.
“It is now a ridiculous amount of money. I don’t need two billion dollars and I’ll never win — but I think my wife will play.”
Try Your Luck
Statistics show that over the last seven years, the following numbers are the most common Powerball numbers: 61 (drawn 78 times), 32 (drawn 77 times), 21 (drawn 73 times), 63 (drawn 73 times), 69 (drawn 71 times) and 23 (drawn 70 times). Statistics also show that 26, 34, 13, 46, 4 and 24 are the least common Powerball numbers.
If you are going to play, Powerball tickets are priced at $2 per play. Tickets for this play are available in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Are you going to try your luck today? Let us know in the comments!
Leave a Reply